Dublin Chinese New Year 2020
It’s the Year of the Rat in the Chinese New Year calendar and the team behind the Dublin Chinese New Year Festival a jam packed programme of events from Friday 24th January – Monday 10th February 2020.
A Dublin City Council initiative, the festival organisers invite everyone to be part of the celebrations and immerse yourself in Chinese culture through this great programme of events. There will be talks, visual arts, performance, film, music and family friendly events.
This year’s highlights include:
- Spring Festival Fair, two wonderful free days of music, colour and fun at the iconic Dublin City Fruit and Vegetable Market
- Many buildings and landmarks across Dublin and Kildare will light up in festive red to welcome Chinese New Year
- Two days of fantastic family-friendly celebrations at Kildare village, including interactive activations by special guests from China.
- A selection of of galas / concerts, where you can enjoy Chinese talent and culture in live performances including Mongolian ethnic dance, acrobats and Peking opera.
- Intriguing talks & lectures exploring various aspects of modern and historic Chinese life including China’s role as a space superpower, the lives of Chinese children over the past century and even Chinese swear words!
- A wealth of films and exhibitions to explore.
- A myriad of food experiences and food tours to give you a real taste of Asia.
- Tours both in Chinese and in English celebrating the rich Chinese culture in Dublin.
- Hands-on workshops for adults and families / children to learn more about Chinese traditions and arts.
So whether you want to try some square dancing, sample dumplings, wonder at Chinese art, experience a Chinese tea ceremony, create your own Chinese puppet or immerse yourself in culture, film and music, Dublin Chinese New Year Festival 2020 there’s something for everyone!