Drama at Inish by Lennox Robinson at Abbey Theatre
Cork playwright, Lennox Robinson, brings Drama at Inish to the Abbey Theatre from November 24th
This new production takes this brilliant farce into 1960s Ireland, and features a superb cast of Ireland’s best-loved actors.
Inish is a small seaside town in Ireland. It has never been on the map, but it has been making headlines lately, for all the wrong reasons. Could the performances of the newly arrived De la Mare Repertory Theatre Company really be the cause of the town’s strange behaviour?
Drama at Inish is a much-loved favourite from the Irish canon and was first performed at the Abbey Theatre in 1933.
Director Cal McCrystal, the acclaimed Comedy Director of One Man, Two Guvnors brings his unique style to the Abbey Stage for the first time, where he is joined by some of Ireland’s leading theatre designers.
Please Note: Drama at Inish is a comedy, but it also contains references to marital strife, domestic violence, and suicide. Audience discretion is advised.
- Matinees: 2pm
- Mon - Sat: 7:30pm
- Tickets: €13 - €45 (Conc. €13 - €30)
- Early Bird tickets available until 17 October
- Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 9 January, 7:30pm
- Touch Tour of Stage and Set: Saturday 11 January, 12:45pm
- Audio-described and captioned performance: Saturday 11 January, 2:00pm
For tickets and more information, visit Abbey Theatre's website