What’s On in Dublin This Weekend (February 1-3)
DublinTown features on Dublin City FM every Friday morning to talk about some of the many things happening in the city. If you missed us on air, don’t worry as below are a number of things you can do this weekend in the city.
Dublin Chinese New Year Festival – Friday 1st – Sunday 3rd February
This year the festival is bigger and better than ever with an amazing programme of events. There are events, workshops, talks, comedy, music, and films for all the family. Specifically at Asia Market on Drury Street, they are hosting:
– Dumpling Day, Friday 1st Feb, 11am-6pm, FREE – Delicious dumpling tasting experience from Korea, Japan and China; plus you will learn how to make your own too!
– Food Extravaganza, Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd Feb, from 11am – There will be over 15 stands representing delicious flavours from China, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea and many more. An amazing food experience not to be missed!
6 Nations 2019 Kick Off Weekend – Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd February
This year’s Six Nations Championships kick off this weekend with the following three matches:
– Friday 8pm, France v Wales
– Saturday 2.15pm, Scotland v Italy
– Saturday 4.45pm, Ireland v England
So if you’re in DublinTown and want to know where to watch, just keep reading!
– The Old Stand, Exchequer Street
– The Woolshed Baa, Parnell Street
– Café En Seine, entrances via Dawson St and Anne’s Lane – showing all 15 matches on the big screens in indoor street garden
– Fade Street Social, Fade Street – on the big screen in The Winter Garden and are offering customers a free pint every time Ireland scores a try!
– Lemon & Duke, Duke Lane/Royal Hibernian Way – showing all 15 matches on the big screen, and you’ll even have the chance to win signed rugby jerseys and maybe see Jamie Heaslip himself!
– The Exchequer, Exchequer Street – showing all 15 matches, and customers who order a pint of Heineken before the Ireland VS England rugby match this Saturday and correctly guess the winner will win a free pint!
Lululemon Sunday Sweat at Brown Thomas – Sunday 3rd February
Enjoy a gymnastics style fitness class focusing on strength and mobility led by Jayne McMahon on Sunday morning at 9.45am. The class is suitable for all levels and all ages. They’ll provide the mats and the moves, but do please bring your own towel and water bottle (and mat if you wish).
Flexible and comfortable attire is recommended. This class is FREE with registration via Eventbrite, but please note that class is on a first come, first served basis in regards to mats. Please arrive to the main door of Brown Thomas early to sign in. Doors close at 10am sharp.
Before Bach and After 3 Concert at St. Ann’s Church, Dawson Street – Sunday 3rd February
For classical music lovers, visit St. Ann’s Church on Dawson Street as the third in a series of four concerts takes place this Sunday afternoon. The Chamber Choir Ireland will present the complete motets of Bach, together with related works by Brahms, Schütz, and a variety of medieval and contemporary composers. The concert will be accompanied by a free pre-concert talk given by broadcaster Tim Thurston in conversation with Majella Hollywood, one hour before the concert at 2.30pm.
Tickets: Adults €20 / Concession €15 / Student & Child €5 – purchase via Eventbrite here
For more of what’s on in Dublin click here and use #DublinTown to let us know what you’re up to!
Tune in to Dublin City FM each Friday between 10.30am and 10.45am to find out what’s on that weekend!