Everything you need to know about the Aer Lingus College Football Classic
It is all systems go for this September’s Aer Lingus College Football Classic in the Aviva Stadium between Boston College and Georgia Tech.
The Boston College Eagles return to Ireland for the first time since their 1988 win against Army 38-24. But this time, they are taking on the formidable Yellow Jackets of Georgia Tech and it’s expected that 25,000 fans will travel from the US and Europe to take in the full College Football experience.
The Aer Lingus College Football Classic is much more than a game. With thousands of US and European travelers coming to Ireland, Dublin is hosting an array of fantastic events and they’re pulling out all the stops!
- Trinity College announced as official Welcome Village for 2016 Classic
- Pep Rallies to take place at the iconic Trinity Village main square
- Muthar Kent announced as guest speaker for CEO Club Forum to be held at Dublin Mansion House
- Senator George Mitchell confirmed as key note speaker of the Irish Institute Lunch on the 30th August
- 150+ university band and cheer for both schools attending
- American Football Showcase with six high school teams playing in Trinity College on Friday
Much More Than A Game
Trinity College Dublin will be the venue for the official Welcome Village and as such will host a variety of social, cultural and business-oriented activities. In addition to over 100 football squad members per team, Boston College and Georgia Tech are both travelling with a 150 piece strong marching band and cheer-leading troops and the renowned pre-game pep rallies and tailgate parties will be among the many highlights to take place at the 2016 Classic head-quarters, Trinity College Dublin.
The game will be broadcast live by ESPN globally however talks are also progressing for ESPN to broadcast their immensely popular flagship sports news programme SportsCentre live from Dublin for over three hours prior to kick off – showcasing the immense benefit the game will have for Ireland on an international stage.
The Welcome Village will also play host to three profile High School games in front of a grandstand stadium in the grounds of Trinity College Dublin. The games, which will take place on Friday 2nd September, are:
* Westminster School, Atlanta, Georgia Vs Community School Naples, Naples Florida
* Blessed Trinity High School, Atlanta Georgia Vs St. Peter’s Prep School, Jersey City, New Jersey
* Marist High School, Atlanta, Georgia Vs Belen Jesuit High School, Miami, Florida
Tickets for the Aer Lingus College Football Classic between Boston College and Georgia Tech are on sale on Ticketmaster.ie. Ticket prices range €35 to €110 for premium level. There are a number of family tickets (2 + 2) available from €120, all subject to booking fees. Buy Tickets.
Those wishing to support the Boston Eagles should choose tickets located in the West Stand and those wishing to support Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets should chose tickets located in the East Stand. College jerseys will soon to available nationwide through Elvery’s Sports.
Aer Lingus College Football Launch Event