Designist Launches Christmas Gift Collection 2021
Dublin’s Favourite Independent Store, offers remarkable gifts & bright ideas for shoppers this festive season
Designist, one of Dublin’s most beloved independent retailers, opened its doors on South Great George’s Street over ten years ago. Owners Jennie Flynn & Barbara Nolan continue to provide loyal customers with truly unique gifts and homewares. As well as supporting homegrown Irish brands Designist seeks out innovative and sustainable international independent brands to bring creative concepts and products to its customers. Having navigated its way through the pandemic with its online store, Designist is encouraging consumers to shop local this festive season with its remarkable selection of gifts.
Wellness At Home
- Smart Diffuser: This Gingko smart diffuser is not only aesthetically pleasing it is also the perfect gift to help a loved one unwind this Christmas. Made with natural wood, frosted acrylic glass and copper plate, this rechargeable oil burning diffuser with dimmable LED light is easy to move around a home, taking calm and fragrance with its owner from room to room. Priced at just €55 shoppers can also add natural oils from The Nature of Things available at Designist.
- Smart Moon Lamp: Ginkgo’s Smart Moon Lamp is a truly unique gift and allows its owner to have the moon literally floating in place in their home. This 3D printed moon floats over a beautiful wooden base with the power of magnets. The realistic moon surface glows with an ethereal light and can change tone depending on the owner’s mood. If you’d like your loved one to be over the moon this Christmas this showstopping piece is a must. Priced at €185.
- Tonfisk: The scandi chic collection from Tonfisk is a must for all tea and coffee lovers this Christmas. The collection is crafted in white ceramic and sleek wood to make for a trendy yet functional collection of items. The warm tea and coffee pot (€82.50) has a smart design feature which helps to keep warm beverages warmer, for longer. A similar design is found in the set of two espresso cups (€41.50) and in the set of warm tea and coffee cups (€52.50). The collection wouldn’t be complete without the gravity defying Newton milk and sugar set (€45), which has gained international renown for its ingenious design and aesthetic.
- Slow Pharmacy, Bottled Plants: These delicate cut plants are preserved in glass bottles to create beautiful objets d’art that look stunning and add a layer of interest to any interior scheme. Created in Seoul, South Korea, Slow Pharmacy carefully selects each plant and places it into its bottle by hand, which is designed to bring out the natural beauty of each unique plant or flower. There are twelve types to choose from including hydrangeas, baby’s breath, ferns, holly and more. Vessel options include 30ml (€25) and 200ml (€40) and come in a gift box, making for a delightfully unique gift or stocking filler this festive season.
- Gin Making Kits: Gin lovers can pick up one of three gin making kits from Gin Etc. at Designist this Christmas. The Hedgerow (€40) has everything one might need to make their own sloe gin at home. The Expert (€42.50) is ideal for the gin lover who likes botanical flavours and depth in their favourite tipple. The Artisan (37.50) has all the tools to create a gin bursting with flavour in just 24 hours, a gift that really impresses. The Hedgerow and Artisan kits have all the necessary ingredients to make two 750ml bottles of gin, The Expert can make three.
- Pineut; Drink Decoration Jars & Liqueur Kits: Whether it’s creating your own coffee liqueur, crafting your own gin, mulled wine or winter cocktail or brewing a heavenly vegan hot chocolate, this collection from Pineut is ideal for perfect stocking fillers this Christmas, priced at from €11. Each jar or kit comes in a beautiful glass vessel packed full of natural ingredients, whatever your preferred tipple.
- Swedish Tonic Stockholm Mixology Giftset – The ultimate at home kit is the perfect gift for aspiring mixologists and gin aficionados from Swedish Tonic, the natural tonic which tastes incredible. This sleekly packaged mixology kit comes with 200ml Swedish tonic syrup, four matt black coasters, four metal cocktail spoon straws, a black jigger and recipe booklet. Priced at €45.
- DIY Activity Set – Windmills: Created by DJECO, a toy company that focuses on educational inspiring budding creative minds. This DIY windmill set comes with beautifully crafted materials to create four windmills from scratch. A fun activity which helps children to develop a sense of creativity at home. Suitable for kids aged 5 and up and priced at €16.50.
- Bam! – Words: Created by Barcelona based toy company, Londji, this gift takes wordsmithery to a new level for kids who can’t get enough of creating imaginative stories. Coming with 28 stamps, each letter of the alphabet, as full stop and a dash, the set also comes with a black and red ink pad and paper. The ultimate gift for aspiring literary geniuses! Suitable for ages 5-105 and priced at €25.50
- Home Sweet Home: Another gem from Londji, mini mathematicians and engineers will go wild for this family game that uses simple arithmetic to build and create competing cities to win. An educational yet incredibly fun addition to any games cupboard, this eco-friendly kids gift comes in a recycled and recyclable box. Suitable for ages 7-107 and priced at €20.
The Christmas gift collection from Designist is available online at designist.ie and delivers nationwide, offering free delivery to those who spend over €100. The gift collection is also in store at 68 South Great George’s Street, Dublin 2. For the latest updates follow on social media, @wearedesignist on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.