Carluccio’s Christmas Gift Guide for Foodies
Foodies will rejoice for, not only is Carluccio’s open again in time for Christmas, but the Italian delicatessen, café & restaurant also have a delicious gift guide for this year.
Renowned for their excellent Italian food from across the country, Carluccio’s on Dawson Street does Italian food differently. Each region, town, village – and even family – does it their own way. This year, an exceptional range of hand-picked gifts for Christmas has been carefully sourced from specialist Italian producers that make Christmas gifts, corporate favours and goodies for the festive dinner that even more tasty.
Did you know? All of Carluccio’s Panettones are made from September through to December by specialist producers, which is why they’re only found in-store at Christmas. Just as it is in Italy!
– PANETTONE TRADIZIONALE, 1kg €20.95: This multiple award-winning part-bread, part-cake is made with plump sultanas, candied peel, natural yeast (from a starter dating back over 100 years) and is finished with a hazelnut glaze. A chocolate version (1kg, €17.95) with milk and dark chocolate pieces taking the place of dried fruit and candied peel is also available.
– PANETTONE AL LIMONCELLO, 950g €22.95: The zesty flavour of Sorrento in a Panettone – made with pieces of candied lemon, it is carefully piped with limoncello cream and iced with white chocolate.
– PANETTONE ALLA PROSECCO, 900g €22.95: When Panettone and Prosecco meet, what’s not to like? This sweet festive bread made in Veneto is filled with a creamy custard mixed with local Prosecco.
– GLUTEN-FREE PANETTONE, 500g €14.95: Made with natural yeast, candied cedro and sultanas, this Panettone is unglazed and gluten-free, with no sacrifice on taste.
Gift Boxes & Hampers
Perfect for corporate thank yous, Carluccio’s festive gift boxes and hampers are ideal. They come perfectly wrapped and tagged with a note about where they were made, and you can flip over the tag to write your own personal message too.
– IL PENTOLONE, €34.95: In a scarlet hat box, this is the perfect present for pasta-lovers and comes with four lesser-known durum wheat pastas: orecchiette, scialatielli, strangoloni and gigli. Mix and match with our favourite sauces; spicy arrabbiata, porcini mushroom, venison ragu or vongole. Or make your own pasta with the ravioli cutter, recipe included.
– IL TERZETTO, €20.95: A new addition to the range, this trio of truffle-based condiments, packaged in a hand-woven wicker hamper, adds indulgence to any meal. Enjoy the truffle sauce alongside antipasti, stir truffle oil into your favourite pasta; and enjoy the sweet truffle honey with a hard cheese like Parmesan.
– IL MASSIMO, €88.00: If you could put all your favourite Italian delicacies into one box, this would be the result. An Italian box brimming with suitably indulgent festive sweet treats including classic Milano Panettone; milk chocolate gianduja-filled stars; traditional amaretti biscuits; Florentine hot chocolate; a giant milk chocolate coin; apricot biscotti; candied clementine segments in dark chocolate; Torcetti butter biscuits and a bottle of Santa Sara Prosecco.
– LUXURY ADVENT CALENDAR, €96.25: Back by popular demand, this luxe advent calendar features quintessentially Italian products from Carluccio’s core collection. Delights include chocolate truffles, Piemontese biscuits, pasta, sauces, oils and Christmas treats, a 24-day food journey through Italy.
– CHOCOLATE ADVENT CALENDAR, €11.75: Packing over 200g of mouth-watering gianduja-filled chocolate, open the doors to find colourful, foiled chocolate characters inside.
Plus, with Christmas shopping this easy, there is plenty of time to relax with friends and family, while you enjoy Carluccio’s Menu Festivo (€22 two courses, €26 three courses pp), and Menu Di Natale (from 14th November – 1st January) which includes a glass of Prosecco and a Christmas cracker, (€27 two courses, €31 three courses).
For more of their amazing Christmas goodies and gifts, visit the delicatessen, café & restaurant on Dawson Street.